Mobile Device Interface with iPod Cable for RNSE Retrofit for Volkswagen Eos 1F
As per factory specifications. Retrofit kit in order to connect an external audio source such as iPod, iPhone, MP3 players as well as USB storage devices to Volkswagen RCD/RNS 510 (2010 and later) head units for music playback. Songs and song lists can be selected directly from the vehicles head unit controls. Units are supplied with an iPod dock connector cable (not suitable for iPhone 5 or other devices using a lightning connector).
Note: Not suitable for vehicles with factory fitted CD changer
- Volkswagen Mobile Device Interface (MDI) allows you to listen to your own external audio device via the vehicles sound system
- Offers convenient connection for MP3 players, Apple iPods and storage devices that use a USB interface such as memory sticks and portable hard disk drives
- Easy navigation through folders or menus via the sound system with track information shown on your radio or radio-navigation display
- MDI Interface
- iPod/iPhone Adapter Cable
- Integrates with the original touch screen radio or navigation unit allowing you to control your iPod accessing your music via playlists, albums, artists, favourites, genres and track names
- Full control via multi-function steering wheel
- Play MP3 or unprotected WMA formats on USB storage devices
- Appears as a new source for vehicles multimedia input
- Pauses the iPod or USB stored music when a different audio source is selected
- Music is muted and paused during an incoming telephone call (if Bluetooth interface is present in the vehicle)
- Installed in the glove box for safety and security of your iPod or USB storage device
- Connects to Apple iPods/iPhones using dock connector and also supports charging
- This retrofit uses genuine parts
- Only compatible with RCD/RNS 510 2010 and later
- Not compatible with factory fitted external CD changer
”Integrated Automotive Electronics Solutions”
When dealing with automotive electronics products, it is important to maintain the original characteristics and functionality of each vehicle, and that safety and aesthetic aspects are not compromised in any way. At Autofidelity, we call this integration. This solution is available for Volkswagen vehicles. For more integrated solutions, check out our Volkswagen solutions page.
Autofidelity is renowned for employing the highest quality techniques and technicians, using the highest quality standards in the automotive electronics industry.
Unfortunately, it is often the things that we don’t see that can make a difference. Inferior quality or poorly installed wiring can cause thousands of dollars in damage in extreme cases. In minor cases, wiring can even cause annoying rattles. Our systems are supplied with wiring harnesses which are wrapped in fabric insulation, conforming as closely as possible to the wiring standards set by the manufacturer and ensuring that there are no annoying rattles
This product comes with a minimum of 12 month manufacturers warranty and if installed by Autofidelity Australia we offer a lifetime warranty on our installation.
As a standard part of our installation process we carry out a pre-installation and post-installation diagnostic check on your vehicle. This allows us to ensure we do not incorrectly code or leave any components unplugged in your car. As an added bonus if there any existing faults in the vehicle we can identify and advise where it is. Having your vehicle properly diagnosed is a vital step when fixing faults to help reduce the chances of big unnecessary repair bills. If you are not having an installation done we can offer this service for a flat fee of $165 to perform the diagnostic check.
For bookings and enquiries, please visit our contact page you can also check out our Facebook page, Twitter page, or visit our news page for more news and updates. Autofidelity is located at 26-28 Kilpa Road Moorabbin, Victoria Australia 3189, please click the link to access directions.